What is VerifiedVPN Toolbar?
VerifiedVPN Toolbar is an app that supposed to help people access private network and surf the web anonymously. This way, people may prevent identity theft and should feel safer when connecting to public Wi-Fi hotspots. The app can be downloaded from various download websites; however, it may also enter computers via other feewares. Once installed, it may surprise you in a very negative way. It may replace your homepage and start page with myway.com. Nevertheless it claims to be powered by Ask search, it really looks suspicious. Be aware that it may infiltrate to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and other less popular web browsers by replacing DNS settings and other parameters. Besides, it may diminish browser’s performance and block your access to certain websites. However, you should consider the fact that VerifiedVPN may try to make you visit sponsored websites and increase their page rank.
How can VerifiedVPN Toolbar affect my computer?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of VerifiedVPN Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove VerifiedVPN Toolbar?
Has VerifiedVPN Toolbar already infiltrated your web browser? It yes, then you should wait no more and remove it as soon as possible. For that, select either manual or automatic removal option:
- Uninstall programs that are related to VerifiedVPN from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for VerifiedVPN Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (VerifiedVPN, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.