Why do I see Feed.Helperbar.com on my browser?
You are looking at Feed.Helperbar.com virus every time you open your web browser and start searching the web because your browser is hijacked. A virus that you are dealing with is categorized as a “browser hijacker.” No matter how attractive this search engine looks, it has nothing to do with Google, Yahoo, Bing or similar search engines that are considered trustworthy. When trying to enter your search query, this browser hijacker redirects people to isearch.babylon.com, search.snapdo.com, browse-search.com and similar websites that should never be trusted. The most of the links that are displayed by them can lead users to infected websites that may try to infect their systems with malware. Besides, Feed.Helperbar.com can show you misleading ads about missing updates and trick you into installing malware. There is no doubt that you must remove this PUP from your computer. Make sure you do that without wasting your time.
Feed.Helperbar.com can infiltrate the system behind your back. Once it does that, it starts an annoying routine that can completely ruin your browsing experience. Many internet users have been complaining about redirects to unknown websites, system slow downs, the appearance of unwanted pop-up ads and similar unwanted activities that can be noticed on each of web browsers. If you have been using this PUP for a while, you should know that well-known and respectable security vendors recognize this application as a potential threat. To perform a full Feed.Helperbar.com removal on your computer, you have to run a full system scan with such reliable anti-spyware tool as ReimageIntego.
How does this search engine hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, Feed.Helperbar.com can change your browser’s settings home page and as your default search engine. These search providers are very unreliable and can barely show legitimate search results without filling them with tons of advertisements. This virus acts the same. However, at the time when we researched information about this hijacker, it rerouted us to the search websites that we have mentioned above. Moreover, it looks like it has been actively traveling bundled with various freeware, such as an infamous toolbar Babylon Toolbar and similar ones. Keep in mind that the Internet is filled with free applications that may carry this unwanted intruder as an extra attachment. That is why you should closely check every single program that you want to install. If this dubious application is constantly redirecting you to unfamiliar search websites or other questionable websites, you need to check your recently installed programs and remove Helperbar.com with each of its suspicious components.
How can I remove Feed.Helperbar.com from my computer?
If you are one of the users who have been infected with this browser hijacker, make sure you stay away from it because it has been showing misleading search results for its users. The easiest way to remove it from the system is to select automatic removal option. We highly recommend using a reliable anti-spyware program after updating it because it will help you perform a full Feed.Helperbar.com removal from your computer. If you don’t want to install any software on your computer, you can also remove this hijacker manually. However, make sure you are very careful while performing steps given below to avoid the appearance of this useless application in the future.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Feed.Helperbar.com redirect, follow these steps:
Erase Feed.Helperbar.com from Windows systems
If you want to fix your computer and eliminate Feed.Helpbar.com redirect, make sure you uninstall these entries: Babylon Toolbar, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plugin, Music Smartbar, SnapDo Toolbar, Helpbar, etc.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Feed.Helperbar.com and related programs
Here, look for Feed.Helperbar.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Feed.Helperbar.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Get rid of Feed.Helperbar.com from Mac OS X system
If you want to fix your computer after Feed.Helpbar.com hijack manually, you need to uninstall Babylon Toolbar, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plugin, Music Smartbar, SnapDo Toolbar, Helpbar and other entries that are related to this browser hijacker
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Feed.Helperbar.com redirect from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Feed.Helperbar.com redirect-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Feed.Helperbar.com redirect, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Feed.Helperbar.com redirect and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Feed.Helperbar.com redirect-related entries.
Delete Feed.Helperbar.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Feed.Helperbar.com redirect and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Feed.Helperbar.com redirect removal.
Remove Feed.Helperbar.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Feed.Helperbar.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Feed.Helperbar.com removal.
Eliminate Feed.Helperbar.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Feed.Helperbar.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Feed.Helperbar.com removal.
Erase Feed.Helperbar.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Feed.Helperbar.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Feed.Helperbar.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Feed.Helperbar.com removal process.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.